Become an ARA member today and drive you career forward
The ARA is the leading body representing the archives and records community. The benefits of membership are considerable and now boast the addition of a rigorous professional development programme.
The programme sets a new national standard for the sector and is the latest addition to the benefits of being a member of the ARA.
The programme helps ARA members:
- Access a clear path to career development and increase earning potential
- Enhance their professional standing and employability and earn recognition from peers
- Be taken more seriously as ARA qualified professionals and increase their influence within the profession
- Widen their professional network and gain exposure to new learning and career opportunities
- Contribute to the broader development of their chosen profession
- Demonstrate that they have the skills, expertise and ethical behaviours that employers value and trust
In addition to career progression, ARA membership benefits include:
- Personal support through bursaries, advice and guidance
- Being part of a community, networking through an extensive calendar of national, regional and interest based events and our annual ARA Conference
- Access to knowledge, guidance and information through our publications including our monthly membership publication – ARC Magazine, a twice yearly five-star peer reviewed academic journal, and ARA Today, our monthly electronic newsletter
- Reaping the rewards of the publicity campaigns funded by the ARA including Explore Your Archive & the government lobbying work done by the ARA for the archive and record keeping sector