International Engagement Bursaries
Please note the next round of International Bursary applications will be from October 2020. No funds are available until then.
ARA International Engagement Bursaries – General Information
These bursaries aim to support the Archives & Records Association's strategic propositions through the allocation of bursaries for international activities to archivists, records managers and conservators. The specific Archives & Records Association's strategic propositions supported are:
- The membership proposition
- The learning and development proposition
- The standards and best practice proposition
- The promotion and advocacy proposition
- The professional cooperation proposition
Association members may apply for bursaries to support
- attendance at international conferences
- training which will assist members in establishing international networks and enable them to take advantage of the global workplace
- members carrying out international roles
- international projects
We particularly encourage bursary applications for activities that will benefit Association members as a whole, for example through
- international work on best practice or standards
- learning that will be passed on to other Association members
- meetings and projects that will have clear benefits for the profession and Association members
Applications must be submitted in advance of the proposed activity. Applications are considered on receipt.
Please download our Bursary Guidelines and Application Form here.
Once completed please send your application form to the ARA Office, Prioryfield House, 20 Canon Street, Taunton, TA1 1SW.