2015 UK information sector workforce survey
In 2014, CILIP and the Archives Records Association (UK & Ireland) (ARA) commissioned Edinburgh Napier University to undertake major research to map the UK Information workforce in the United Kingdom.
The Library, Archive, Records, Information and Knowledge workforce are developing new roles in business, industry, government, and the third sector.
The project identified the following:
• Estimated 86,376 people in the workforce
• Significant gender pay gap
• Women dominate the workforce
• Women under-represented in senior management
• Highly-qualified workforce
• High-earners are more likely to hold professional qualifications than low-earners
• An ageing workforce
• Low ethnic diversity
Once purchased the ARA Office will send you this publication. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com