ARA needs two joint editors for ARC Magazine
If you are looking to broaden your experience, raise your profile and playa part in shaping one of ARA’s flagship publications, then why not consider becoming one of the team of ARC Magazine jointeditors.
Why Be…An ARC Magazine Joint Editor?
If you are looking to broaden your experience, raise your profile and play a part in shaping one of ARA’s flagship publications, then why not consider becoming one of the team of ARC Magazine joint editors.
If you have good writing skills, an eye for detail and enjoy keeping abreast of news and cutting-edge developments in the record-keeping sector then the role of ARC Magazine joint editor could be right up your street.
What are the benefits of being a Joint Editor?
- Develop your editorial and communication skills
- Shape the content and focus of ARC Magazine
- Expand your organisational and publishing skills
- The experience can be used in applications for ARA professional registration.
- Raise your profile and get involved with the work of the ARA
What will a Joint Editor be asked to do?
- Be responsible for two issues of the magazine per year
- Manage the ARC Magazine editors’ inbox for the two issues you are allocated annually
- Proactively source and edit content, including images, for various sections of the Magazine including ARA News, Industry News, Community News, Backchat and Professional Development News
- Liaise with authors, ensuring they submit copy and images by set deadlines
- Contribute ideas for feature content
- Collate all copy for the two issues you are responsible for prior to publication
- Liaise with the ARA Board member responsible for Publications, the features editor and the magazine designer as appropriate
Who will the Joint Editor be working with?
- You will be part of a team of three joint editors
- The ARA Board member responsible for Publications and Promotion
- The ARA Communications Manager
- The magazine designer
How much time is involved?
- You will be required to edit two bi-monthly issues per year
- Managing the editors’ inbox for the two-month period of your allocated issue
- Collating and editing content for each issue
- The approximate time commitment is 20 hrs per bi-monthly issue
Who can you contact to find out more?
Monday, 27 September 2021 11:09