Call for a new ARA Journal editor
We are looking to recruit a new editor to join the rest of the team fromthe start of January 2021. Editors usually serve for a term of 3-5 yearsand are responsible (in conjunction with the publishers) for the on-goingpublication of the Archives and Records Journal.
ARA Journal Editors role
Editors usually serve for a term of 3-5 years and are responsible (in conjunction with the publishers) for the on-going publication of Archives and Records.
- answering enquiries,
- encouraging contributions and potential authors,
- checking that submitted manuscripts fit with the journal’s aims and scope,
- liaising with authors and peer reviewers over the peer review process,
- making the final decisions on whether or not to accept articles,
- writing editorials,
- copyediting and proofreading,
- liaising with editorial and production staff at the publisher,
- liaising with ARA staff and Board members,
- liaising with the Reviews and Obituaries Editors,
- appointing and liaising with the Editorial Board,
- liaising with guest editors (for special issues),
- strategic planning for the future of the journal.
Editors normally have the opportunity to attend the ARA or other appropriate body’s annual conference free of charge at least once during your editorial term, and to act as a judge for the FARMER prize for the best UK Master’s dissertation.
You will need to have a strong interest in research, the ability to self-organise and manage deadlines and a keen eye for detail. We are particularly interested in applicants who are archival educators in the UK or Ireland, and who will widen the diversity of the editorial team. We welcome applications from people of colour and those from marginalised communities. Editors should be a member of ARA or willing to become one before appointment.
If you are interested, please submit a brief (300-500 words) expression of interest and a one-page CV by contacting one of the current editors - details below. The deadline for submission is 15 September 2020. Please also contact one of the current editors, if you would like any further details about the role or responding to the call.
Thursday, 20 August 2020 13:36