ARA Excellence Awards 2016 - Vote Now
ARA Excellence Awards, 2016
Record-keeping Service of the Year and Record-keeper of the Year
- Meet the Candidates
- How to Record Your Vote
This is the inaugural year of the ARA’s Excellence Awards, which comprise the Distinguished Service Award (DSA), Record-keeping Service of the Year Award and Record-keeper of the Year Award.
All of these awards are special because the candidates are nominated by their peers. This year’s DSA winners have already been announced (see below). Now it is time to decide the Record-keeping Service of the Year andthe Record-keeper of the Year Awards.
Record-keeping Service of the Year, 2016
There are five candidates for this year’s award:
- Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland
- Heritage Quay, University of Huddersfield
- South West Heritage Trust
- Essex Record Office
- Wigan Archives and Local Studies
To help you make your decision, you can find below their respective details (including who nominated them, their key recent achievements, the single biggest thing that has improved service for users, and an endorsement/commendation).
Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland
Heritage Quay, University of Huddersfield
South West Heritage Trust
- SWHT Nomination
- Devon Remembers Belgian refugees press release
- North Devon Record Office saved
- SWHT Newsletter
Essex Record Office
Wigan Archives and Local Studies
- Wigan Archives Nomination
- Wigan Archives Endorsement
- Wigan Archives and Museums Launch 2015
- Wigan Archives Accreditation Presentation
Record-keeper of the Year, 2016
There are two candidates for this year’s award:
- Janice Tullock (Janice Tullock Associates)
- Sarah Wickham (Heritage Quay, University of Huddersfield)
To help you decide between them, you can find, immediately below, their details their key activities in the last two years, their single most significant achievement over that period and an endorsement/commendation.
- Janice Tullock supporting document Successfully Managing Archives in a Museum and Deaccessioning and Disposal Guide
- Sarah Wickham
How and When to Vote
Voting for these two awards will open at 9am on Monday 13 June and will remain open until midnight on Sunday 17 July.
Members wishing to cast their votes should log on to the following link, and follow the instructions from there:
Informing and Announcing the Winners
The voting will close on 17 July. ARA staff will then collate the votes and inform the winners and runners-up. The Board will announce the winners in the run-up to this year’s annual conference, in London from 31 August to 2 September.
Trophies and certificates will then be presented to the winners at a time and in a location of their choice.
Very best of luck to all the candidates!
DSA Winners, 2016
The winners of the DSA, nominated by a senior member of the profession and then approved by the ARA Awards committee, were announced by the outgoing Chair, David Mander, OBE at the Annual General Meeting in London on 16 May. For 2016, the winners are:
- Dr Raymond Refaussé (Representative Church Body Library, Church of Ireland)
- Kim Collis (West Glamorgan Archive Service)
- Stephen Connelly (Perth & Kinross Council Archive)
Full details can be found here: