The Archives & Records Association both holds and participates in many events throughout the year. Below you will see our complete programme of regional and themed training events with booking details
Do you manage volunteers?
VOLUNTEER MANAGERS AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
ARA is providing a free training workshop for Volunteer Managers on
March 25th 2019
Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel, 9 Haddington Place, Edinburgh EH7 4AL
The workshop is aimed at people who have a key role in managing the volunteers that support their archives. Volunteers provide enormous capacity and deliver substantial outputs for our services: many services would find it difficult to operate without them. Managing people is a core skill and can sometimes be a challenge, especially if you are fairly new to managing people.
There is an added layer of complexity when managing volunteers given that they are not a paid workforce. Each workshop will discuss tips and techniques for interpersonal and people management skills appropriate to volunteer management.
Each session will provide
- Insights into the skills needed in managing volunteers: in recruiting, communicating, motivating, supporting, training and supervising; responsibilities and relationships; management styles
- Tips and techniques for handling challenges: understanding how problems arise; dealing with difficult situations (e.g. poor performance; conflicts; behaviour); negotiating skills; problem solving
- Workshops at which case studies can be worked through and solutions suggested
At the end of the workshop delegates will be able to work more confidently with their volunteers, and will have discovered a range of people management skills to support them in their work.
If you manage volunteers
- and would like to do it better, or
- have some personal examples of issues you would like to discuss in an informal setting
This could be the right workshop for you. The training sessions will be run by Caroline Williams, Independent Archival Consultant who can be contacted at email@example.com
This is an ARA member event only.
To request a place please contact Lorraine Logan, Office Administrator…. firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are limited to 24 so book quickly.
Loading content, please wait.
Date & TimeMar 25 2019 at 10:30 AM - Mar 25 2019 at 04:15 PM
Location & full addressEdinburgh Central Youth Hostel, 9 Haddington Place, Edinburgh EH7 4AL
Event AdminsLorraine Logan