ARA Professional Development Programme – FAQs
1. Why is CPD so important?
2. Why has the ARA introduced a new Professional Development Programme?
3. Why should I get involved in the new Professional Development Programme?
4. How does the new programme differ from the previous Registration programme?
5. What different membership levels are there in the programme?
6. How do I get started and what are the steps to qualification?
7. What is the competency framework?
8. What are the three competency framework areas?
9. What are the five levels of experience?
10. What is the assessment process and how long does it take?
11. Once I am qualified do I need to do anything further?
12. I am already a Registered Member of the ARA – how do I retain my status?
13. Will I get letters after my name and will employers recognise them?
14. What should I look for in a mentor and how do I find one?
15. How do I become a mentor?
16. How will I know if I have achieved my membership level?
17. How will my success be communicated to my employer?
18. What does it cost to enrol and become qualified and how do I make payments?
19. What does the ARA offer to help me with my professional development?
20. Who can I contact for further information?