The ARA exists to promote and improve all aspects of the record keepingsector. Providing career support is a key part of this role and we arehere to help.
If you are a bit of a mystery solver, like finding answers to intriguing questions, or would like to be a custodian of something precious and historic then a career in keeping records may be just the thing for you.
Within this careers section you will find all the information you need to get you started and progress with your career in the archives and records sector. From available courses, further education and training, and CPD to the skills required and contact points for further help we aim to support you throughout your chosen career.
Information and tools include:
- ARC Recruitment – find the latest job and voluntary placement opportunities advertised in the ARA's official recruitment publication
- Useful information on the market and various roles to consider
- Continued Professional Development information
- Paid and unpaid voluntary placement opportunities
- A group for the support of para-professionals and trainees
- Information on working in Archives with a disability please go to our diversity page.
ARA publishes Careers Working Group report.
Read the report here.
Apprenticeships in England
If you are based in England or interested in how apprenticeships in England (only) will be funded from April 2019, the UK Department for Education has announced details below.
Get the most from this site
To get the most out of the resources available on this site and access maximum support throughout your career we recommend that you become a member of the ARA.