Section for Preservation and Conservation
Welcome to the Section for Preservation and Conservation
The group's aims are:
To promote information exchange and contact between members with an interest in preservation and conservation.
To participate in the development and delivery of training in the field and to provide support to members with training events.
- To encourage research within the practice of archive conservation, the nature of archival materials and the causes of their deterioration.
- To monitor developments in the field and to co-operate with other organisations with similar aims.
In the following pages you will find details of:
- the section representatives and who to contact for help.
- the section news, activities, training and events
- minutes of section meetings
- supporting resources
- Two day Tacketed Stationery Binding training event - Further details can be found here.
- We are now producing a monthly news update called Conservation Today.
- This is the latest P&C newsletter Latest Preservation & Conservation news update - January 2019.
- Conservation training day - ARA Preservation and Conservation Group’s Wellbeing in the Workplace Training Day, 5th November 2018 at the Berkshire Record Office. Further details can be found here.
Would you like to find out more or join this Section?
If you have a general enquiry or would like to join this Section then please contact us.
Please get involved!
If you wish to engage with us or find others working in Archives, Conservation or Record Managers working in your Section or Region take a look at our ARA Community area, build your profile and start discussing!