Section for New Professionals
Welcome to the Section for New Professionals.
The Section for New Professionals exists to support those in the first five years of a career in the record keeping professions. This includes trainees, interns, recently qualified professionals and those embarking on the registration scheme within the first five years of employment. Helping to bridge the gap between new professionals and the wider archive community through the provision of training events and networking sessions.
The Section for New Professionals aims to -
- Encourage involvement between individuals and the ARA from an early stage in their careers by promoting and providing ARA supported activities relevant to new professionals
- Promote appropriate training and development opportunities in the UK and Ireland for new professionals; including training events, networking events and social meetings
- Raise awareness of the issues facing new professionals, provide a forum for new professionals to discuss these issues and ensure that all members are represented within the Archive and Records Association
- Create cross sector links between new professionals, course providers and employers
In the following pages you will find details of:
- the section news, activities, training and events
- the section officers and how to contact us
- the trainee group
- starting out in the recordkeeping profession
- our regular online blog, Off the Record
Would you like to find out more or join this Section?
If you have a general enquiry or would like to join this Section then please contact us.
Follow us on Twitter: @ARAnewprofs