Chief Archivists in Local Government
Welcome to the Chief Archivists in Local Government.
The Aim of the Group is to promote the preservation and use of archives which are (or, in the opinion of the Group, should be) in the care of local authorities with archive powers in England and Wales.
The Objects of the group are:
- to influence the policies and practices of European, national and local governments, and others, in support of the above aim.
- to promote the exchange of ideas and information among local authority archive services and with others.
- to promote activities in support of the above aim.
Membership is open to one person from each local authority exercising archive powers. This person will normally be the experienced professional archivist who is responsible for the service and who has access to the controlling body. If there is no one who fulfils this criteria then the senior archivist within the service shall be eligible for membership.
In the following pages you will find details of:
- the section representatives and who to contact for help
- the section news, activities, training and events
Please get involved!
If you wish to engage with us or find others working in Archives or Record Managers working in your Section or Region take a look at our ARA Community area, build your profile and start discussing!