SBR Twitter account
For the latest news, follow us on Twitter (@ARABusinessrec).
Section for Business Records Summer Seminar 2017
‘How to promote and market your archive’
Online resources are now available from the Section for Business Records Summer Seminar held at The Peel Group on Thursday 11th May 2017:
- Determination, Perseverance, Patience: Establishing and Promoting the Peel Archive - Alexandra Mitchell, Peel Group
- The Brewer's Project: A Case Study - Eibhlin Colgan, Guiness Archive
- Raising awareness through being part of an aggregation: how to contribute to the Archives Hub - Jane Stevenson, Archives Hub
- Anniversary, what anniversary? Adapting your archive to the needs of your brand - Maria Sienkiewicz, Barclays PLC
Section for Business Records Summer Seminar 2016
Delegates photo taken at the British Motor Museum as part of the Section for Business Records Summer Seminar, 23rd June 2016
Panel session at the Section for Business Records Summer Seminar lead by Mike Anson, Chair of the Business Archives
Online resources are now available from the Section for Business Records Summer Seminar held at the British Motor Museum on Thursday 23rd June 2016:
- Connect the Dots: Making Sense of a Business Archive - Charlie Whitehead, Robert Welch Archive and Collections
- Creating a Commercial Culture: positioning archives as a multi-faceted business asset - Sophie Clapp, Boots Archive
- Shedding light on ESB Archives: The newbie guide to leveraging your archive - Deirdre MacParland, Electricity Supply Board Archive
- The Missing Six - Martyn Hollingsworth, Jaguar Heritage
BAC 2015 Conference
Hunter Gatherers: Collecting Today's Business Archives
This year's BAC conference will be held on Tuesday 10th November at The Prudential Assurance Company Building, 138-142 Holborn Bars, London EC1N 2NQ. More details available from the BAC website.
Section for Business Records AGBM
The SBR AGBM was held on Wednesday 10th June 2015 at 2pm. The AGBM was followed by a free training session on standards for digital repositories.
The training session focussed on 'ISO 16363: the audit and certification of trustworthy digital repositories', which sets out comprehensive metrics for what an archive must do, based on OAIS. Download ISO 16363 for free.
The ARA Section for Business Records organised a free half-day workshop on Archive Service Accreditation for Business Archives run by Melinda Haunton, from The National Archives.
Slides are available here.
The latest issue of ARC magazine on Business Records is now out. ARA members can download it online.