Welcome to ARA West Midlands.
This region covers Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, the West Midlands and Worcestershire.
follow us on twitter @ARAWestMidlands
find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ARAWestMidlands
In the following pages you can find details of:
Our aims and objectives
We aim to provide:
Networking opportunities for all individual and corporate members across the West Midlands region.
Training and learning opportunities for members; and for paying non-members.
The opportunity at each meeting for two student or unwaged ARA members to have their travel costs reimbursed for attending.
Collaboration with other ARA Sections/Groups and other relevant associations including:
- ARA East Midlands Region
- Archives West Midlands
- The ARA Sections.
A twitter feed and facebook page disseminating news and achievements from ARA and from corporate members across the West Midlands region.
Updates about the wider activities of the ARA as a whole, including the Board and Executive, and a channel for feedback to the ARA via the designated Board member and Officers’/Chairs’ Days
Our objectives are:
- To hold at least three meetings a year, usually with a training element, at a variety of face-to-face locations across the region.
- To allow corporate members across the region to report on and discuss their activities at regional meetings.
- To take full and accurate minutes of regional meetings and send them to all our members through our regional mailing list.
- To hold occasional events jointly with ARA sections, neighbouring regions and Archives West Midlands.
- To disseminate information from and provide feedback to the ARA Board, Officers’/Chairs’ Days and the Training Officers Network Group.
- To provide a regional mailing list to inform members of forthcoming meetings, promote the achievements of corporate members across the region and share best practice.
- To maintain the region’s webpages and relevant social media with up to date information.
- To maintain a social media presence for the region.
- To provide a representative to sit as an observer on the Archives West Midlands Board of Trustees to ensure events and activities complement each other and provide mutual advice and support.