News and Events
News & Events
There is an added layer of complexity when managing volunteers given that they are not a paid workforce. Each workshop will discuss tips and techniques for interpersonal and people management skills appropriate to volunteer management.
Each session will provide
- Insights into the skills needed in managing volunteers: in recruiting, communicating, motivating, supporting, training and supervising; responsibilities and relationships; management styles
- Tips and techniques for handling challenges: understanding how problems arise; dealing with difficult situations (e.g. poor performance; conflicts; behaviour); negotiating skills; problem solving
- Workshops at which case studies can be worked through and solutions suggested
At the end of the workshop delegates will be able to work more confidently with their volunteers, and will have discovered a range of people management skills to support them in their work.
If you manage volunteers
- and would like to do it better, or
- have some personal examples of issues you would like to discuss in an informal setting
Copyright for Archivists
Friday 1st March 2019 at The National Archives, Kew
About the speakers:
Naomi Korn is one of the leading UK experts in copyright, data protection & GDPR, rights and licensing.
Tim Padfield started in archives as an Assistant Keeper of Public Records at the Public Record Office (now The National Archives) where he worked for his whole career, including in reader services, editorial, conservation and corporate planning.
A day of talks and discussions on Continued Professional Development at Waddesdon Archives.
Chris Sheridan, ARA CPD Programme Manager
Charlotte Berry, ARA Board member for Professional Development
Janice Tullock, Archives & Heritage Consultant
GDPR, Swedenborg House, 18 May 2018
GDPR and archives, Susan Healy, consultant (formerly of TNA)
GDPR from an archival perspective, Kevin Mulley, TNA
Information Asset Registers and Cultural Change, Tim Rodgers, Imperial College London
A code of practice for GDPR, Jon Elliott, ARA (no slides)
- 2018-11-26 held at Waddesdon Manor
- 2017-11-03 held at Arundel Castle Archives
- 2016-10-28 held at Oxford Brookes University Archives
- 2016-05-17 held at Voluntary Action Islington
- 2016-02-26 held at John Lewis Partnership Heritage Centre
- 2015-10-05 held at Eton College Archives
- 2015-06-08 held at Surrey History Centre
- 2015-02-27 held at Canterbury Cathedral Archives
- 2014-10-23 held at The Keep, Brighton
- 2014-02-25 held at University of Reading Archives
- 2013-10-19 held at Hampshire Record Office