News and Events
We'll post details of events, news and training for archivists, archive conservators and records managers in the London area. We'll also post details on Twitter - follow us @ARALondonRegion for the latest news and information.
If you have any events or news you'd like to highlight here then send an email to our Communications Officer or any other committe member with 'News for Website' in the title for it to be added to this page. Alternatively you can tweet us.
Below are some examples of news we would like to hear about:
- Reports of training events or conferences you have been to
- News about items in your care
- Upcoming events relevant to the region
- Looking for a mentor for Registration? Looking for candidates to mentor? Send us your name and contact details and we can see how we can help
17 October 2018: Continuing Professional Development
Join the ARA London Region Committee for an evening of discussion and case studies about Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The session will begin with the brief Autumn Meeting of the ARA London Region and will be followed by a series of guest speakers including:
• Chris Sheridan, CPD Programme Manager for the ARA
• Margherita Orlando, Archivist (Research Services), Bank of England Archive
• Elisabeth Thurlow, Digital Archives and Collections Implementation Manager at University of the Arts London.
• Beth Astridge will also give a short introduction to TNA's Archives Revealed Cataloguing Grants and will be available after the meeting if members would like to have a chat and find out further information about the application process for these grants.
There will be a Q&A session after the talks, and the guest speakers will be around for informal chats after the meeting. The meeting will be followed by a drinks reception.
Date: Wednesday 17th October 2018
Location: UCL, Lecture Theatre B05, Chadwick Building. Directions can be found here.
• 6 pm - Arrival
• 6:15 pm - ARA London Business Meeting
• 6:25 pm - Guest Speakers
• 7:40 pm - Question and Answer Session
• 8 pm - Drinks Reception
The event is free; however places must be reserved in advance via the Eventbrite page.
We look forward to seeing you there!