Section for Preservation and Conservation
Welcome to the Preservation and Conservation Section
The group's aims are:
- To promote information exchange and contact between members with an interest in preservation and conservation.
- To participate in the development and delivery of training in the field and to provide support to members with training events.
- To encourage research within the practice of archive conservation, the nature of archival materials and the causes of their deterioration.
- To monitor developments in the field and to co-operate with other organizations with similar aims.
In the following pages you will find details of:
- the section representatives and who to contact for help.
- the section news, activities, training and events
- minutes of section meetings
- supporting resources
Would you like to find out more or join this Section?
If you have a general enquiry or would like to join this Section then please contact us.
Are you interested in training to be an Archive Conservator?
Please see Certificate of Conservation to find out more.
Are you interested in the Professional Accreditation of Conservator-Restorers (PACR) scheme?
The PACR implements standards for the care of our cultural heritage across a range of disciplines. Conservator-Restorers accredited by PACR have demonstrated to assessors that they have the appropriate knowledge, practical skills and sound professional judgement.
The PACR accreditation scheme is owned by the Institute of Conservation (including UKIC and IPC) and operated in collaboration with participating bodies the ARA and The British Horological Institute.
For more information please see www.pacr.org.uk
Please get involved!
If you wish to engage with us or find others working in Archives, Conservation or Record Managers working in your Section or Region take a look at our ARA Community area, build your profile and start discussing!
Last Updated (Wednesday, 02 February 2011 16:39) Friday, 26 November 2010 16:00