Section for New Professionals
Welcome to the Section for New Professionals.
The Section for New Professionals will represent, inform and promote the interests of all pre-course volunteers and trainees, students on record keeping, archive and archive conservation courses, and newly-qualified professionals.
The Section for New Professionals aims to -
- provide networking and promote continuing professional education (CPD) opportunities in the UK and Ireland for new professionals, such as training events and social meetings.
- provide a forum for new professionals to discuss relevant issues such as courses,employment, trainee placements, pre-course experience, skills, etc and ensure that new professionals have a voice in the profession at large.
- provide initial advise on pre-course training and volunteer opportunities for prospective professionals, and provide a regular channel for information on issues relevant to new professionals that they can contribute towards.
- encourage involvement between individuals and their professional body from an early stage and promote ARA activities relevant to new professionals
- foster links between new professionals, course providers and employers.
- raise awareness of the issues faced by new professionals to the ARA and other professional bodies.
For further details about our activities see our Annual Report
In the following pages you will find details of:
- the section news, activities, training and events
- the section officers and how to contact us
- the trainee group
- starting out in the recordkeeping profession
- our e-magazine, Off the Record
Would you like to find out more or join this Section?
If you have a general enquiry or would like to join this Section then please contact us.
Please get involved!
If you wish to engage with us and the recordkeeping wider community take a look at our ARA Community, build your profile and start discussing!!
Minutes of the Section's Meetings
- April 2013, Teleconference
- February 2013, Teleconference
- January 2013, Extraordinary Teleconference
- AGM November 2012, London
- November 2012, London
- April 2012, Birmingham
- February 2012, Teleconference
- January 2012, Teleconference
- AGM November 2011, Teleconference
- March 2011, York
Last Updated (Monday, 11 November 2013 19:46) Friday, 03 December 2010 17:40