Section for International Engagement
Welcome to the Section for International Engagement.
The Section for International Engagement aims to:
- Provide an expanded network for members of the association in the UK and Ireland to engage in issues which affect them either as professionals maintaining international collections in the UK and Ireland or those who have an interest in international activities
- Increase the member offer for overseas members, offering networking opportunities for members in the UK and Ireland to be in contact with colleagues around the world
- Provide a virtual working environment for colleagues from around the globe to engage in international issues in a UK and Ireland context
- Provide expert advice to the Member Services portfolio in the awarding of the International Bursaries of ARA
- Provide articles and news for ARC Magazine – continuing the excellent work of the International Affairs Working Group
International Engagement Bursaries.
Furthermore we aim to support the Archives & Records Association's strategic propositions through the allocation of bursaries for international activities to archivists, records managers and conservators.
The specific ARA strategic propositions supported are the:
- membership proposition
- learning and development proposition
- standards and best practice proposition
- promotion and advocacy proposition
- professional cooperation proposition
Association members may apply for bursaries to support:
- attendance at international conferences
- training which will assist members in establishing international networks and enable them to take advantage of the global workplace
- members carrying out international roles
- international projects
We particularly encourage bursary applications for activities that will benefit Association members as a whole, for example through:
- international work on best practice or standards
- learning that will be passed on to other Association members
- meetings and projects that will have clear benefits for the profession and Association members
Applications must be submitted in advance of the proposed activity. Applications are considered three times a year and deadlines for applications are the end of March, May and November each year.
Please download our Bursary Guidelines and Application Form here.
In the following pages you will find details of:
- the section representatives and who to contact for help.
- the section news, activities, training and events
- minutes of section meetings
Would you like to find out more or join this Section?
If you have a general enquiry or would like to join this Section then please contact us.
Please get involved!
If you wish to engage with us or find others working in Archives or Record Managers working in your Section or Region take a look at our ARA Community area, build your profile and start discussing!
Last Updated (Tuesday, 01 November 2011 11:42) Friday, 03 December 2010 17:40