Section for Archives and Technology
Welcome to the Section for Archives and Technology
The Section for Archives and Technology is concerned with building a community of practice and research around the intersection of archives, records and technology. To this end, we aim to provide a forum for discussion and support to help practitioners keep abreast of developments, and work towards best practice in the curation of digitised and born digital materials, and their discovery and use. Topics of interest to the Section include:
- preservation, accessibility and usability of both born-digital and digitised material;
- the creation, extraction and authentication of data and metadata for the effective and reliable intellectual control of material;
- digitally held finding aids and enhanced electronic search for effective discovery;
- relevant data standards and protocols;
- digitisation initiatives for conservation and access;
- the security and architecture of online and offline information systems;
- forensic processing of digital objects and media.
In the following pages you will find details of:
- the section representatives and who to contact for help.
- the section's Guide to Standards
- the section news, activities, training and events
- minutes of section meetings
Would you like to join this Section?
If you interested in finding out more or would like to join our Section - then please Contact Us.
Please get involved!
If you wish to engage with us or find others working in the field of archival data standards, please take a look at our ARA Community area, build your profile and start discussing!
Last Updated (Friday, 20 June 2014 11:08) Friday, 26 November 2010 16:00