Ask the Experts session announced for 2014 ARA Conference
This year’s ARA conference sees an addition to the traditional InformationMarketplace to be held on Thursday 28 August
As well as a demonstration of archive, records management and conservation products there will be opportunities to meet the keynote speakers and to question or discuss with a range of experts. Caroline Brown, left, Chair of the Conference Committee says: 'If you have a conservation or preservation problem, want to know more about accreditation or registration, or are considering setting up an oral history project the conference will give you a chance to speak to people who can help with these and other topics'.
Thursday afternoon will also see the return of the popular breakout sessions. This year delegates can join sessions which address key issues including:
• Descriptive Standards Roundtable. A return of the popular session reflecting on and reviewing descriptive standards and practice
• Understanding Online Audiences. Led by digital heritage consultant and Chair of the Digital Learning Network Martin Bazely this interactive session looks at tools for researching and understanding remote users
• Basic Conservation Techniques for Archivists. What’s the best way to clean a document? Is it safe to humidify and flatten items? Find out the answers to these questions and more with conservation experts
• Digital Preservation Tools. Are you increasingly being offered digital archives and don’t know what to do with them? This session will look at the steps you should take, and the tools available to help you safely preserve digital material
• An introduction to ARA’s new records management campaign – how to advocate for records management
• Surviving, Thriving and Evolving. The role of research – what research and theory is doing and can do to strengthen the profession
• Oral History. A chance to discuss oral history projects with experts Elspeth Millar and Craig Fees
• Getting Started With Archives and Records. Find out how to contribute to ARA’s journal and become a published author!
Read more about the 2014 Conference and book your place here.
Friday, 11 April 2014 07:45