News and Events
Event: Caring for collections in historic buildings
The next ARA South East training day will be held at Arundel Castle Archives, Arundel, West Sussex, on Friday 3 November 2017.
We will be joined by speakers from Harwell Document Restoration Services, Environmental Building Solutions and Eton College, who will share their expertise on the challenges of managing collections housed in historic buildings.
The training session will be followed by our regional business meeting, which will include the election of new Committee members. The day will finish with a tour of Arundel Castle archives.
You can find all the important info for the day, including speaker abstracts, through the links below.
The training session is free to ARA members, so if you would like to come along, please register via Eventbrite by Friday 20 October 2017.
Our last meeting and training day was held at Windsor Castle Archives. We had two great speakers on digitisation; their slides are available below.
Planning digitisation projects for success - Chris Mumby, Head of Commercial Services, The National Archives
'Know Your Format' Mixed media collections and creative approaches to digitisation part 1, part 2 and part 3 - Lisa Chadwick, Access Digital, University for the Creative Arts
Minutes of previous meetings
- 2016-10-28 held at Oxford Brookes University Archives
- 2016-05-17 held at Voluntary Action Islington
- 2016-02-26 held at John Lewis Partnership Heritage Centre
- 2015-10-05 held at Eton College Archives
- 2015-06-08 held at Surrey History Centre
- 2015-02-27 held at Canterbury Cathedral Archives
- 2014-10-23 held at The Keep, Brighton
- 2014-02-25 held at University of Reading Archives
- 2013-10-19 held at Hampshire Record Office
ARA South East is looking for a new Chair to lead our Regional Committee
- Would you like to develop your management and leadership skills?
- Would you like to gain credits towards ARA Registration or your continued professional development?
- Would you like to raise your profile and have a voice in the running of ARA?
If the answer to any of the above is yes, please consider joining ARA South East as our new Chair! As Chair, you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring that members are kept up-to-date with professional issues
- Represent regional interests within ARA at the AGM, and other national events
- Work with the Committee to organise 3 training events for ARA members each year
- Chair our regional meetings.
Other roles in the South East are also available. Please contact a member of the South East Committee for more information.